Esophageal HV Stent Plus
- by Written by TTPI
SX-ELLA Stent Esophageal HV - HV Stent Plus
- Unique delivery system
- Removable esophageal stent
- Special anti-migration design
- Excellent flexibility
- Acid-resistant retrieval loop
- Atraumatic stent retrival
SX-ELLA Stent Esophageal HV Plus is a reliable medical device intended for relieving obstructions in the esophagus, no matter if in upper, middle or lower part. If the stent is deployed in lower part of the esophagus when reaching cardia and stomach, it can be equipped with an anti-reflux valve to prevent gastric juice reflux. Implantation of the stent should be performed under fluoroscopic and/or endoscopic guidance. To decrease the migration rate, the HV STENT PLUS is equipped with an anti-migration collar.
- HV Sten Plus is designed for relieving malignant or benign esophageal strictures if standard operation is contraindicated. It can be used for treatment of esophagorespiratory fistulas as well.
- Malignant or benign strictures in the upper part of the esophagus too close to the cricopharyngeal muscle
- Use of the valved stent shall be carefully considered in patients after partial gastrectomy which produced small, horizontally lying gastric remnant. Distal end of migrated stent might impact into the gastric wall and consequently close the valve.
- The construction of the HV STENT PLUS and the material used guarantee a sufficient expansion force.
- Esophageal HV STENT PLUS (fig. 1) is braided of a wire made of nickel-titanium alloy – nitinol. This material has unrivaled flexibility, shape memory and durability.
- The stent is hand braided therefore the ends are non-traumatic.
- The radiopacity of the stent is secured by markers, made of platinum-iridium alloy, that are fixed to a stent mesh.
- The covering of the stent is made of durable silicone. Thus prevention of tumor in-growth and occlusion of esophagorespiratory fistulas are achieved.
- To decrease the risk of migration to the very minimum, HV STENT PLUS is equipped with an unique anti-migration collar.
- If the stent is to be implanted into the lower part of the esophagus, it may be optionally equipped with an anti-reflux valve.
- The delivery system of the HV STENT PLUS is equipped with a special splittable olive (fig. 2). This part of the delivery system splits off during the stent placement. This unique feature allows smooth and easy delivery system removal.
Fig. 1 - SX-ELLA Stent Esophageal HV (HV Stent Plus)
Fig. 2 - Delivery system with an olive release system
Miscellaneous Important Facts
- A physician to implant the HV STENT PLUS stent shall be skilled appropriately.
- Stent shall be introduced by using the ultra stiff guide wire only.
- Stent implantation should be performed under fluoroscopic and/or endoscopic control.
- Proximal end of the stent shall be placed out of the tumorous stricture, i.e. in a healthy tissue.
- Instructions describing correction of stent misplacement/partial migration or its removal from the stomach after full migration shall be strictly followed.
- The patient shall eat semi-solid food and drink plenty of liquids after implantation.
- Once even a small portion of the stent is released from the delivery system, it is strictly prohibited to push the delivery system forward to prevent stent damage and potential patient injury
- It is recommended to dilate the esophageal stricture to the minimum diameter of 10 mm.