- by Written by TTPI
- Simple and reliable removal system
- Atraumatic stent retrival
- Allows removal of migrated stents from stomach
- Radiopaque markers
The ELLA Extractor (fig. 1) consists of two main parts – the bare extractor (fig. 2) and the overtube (fig. 3). The bare extractor is introduced to the implanted stent under endoscopic guidance. Following introduction of the overtube and all subsequent steps are performed solely under fluoroscopic guidance. The extractor system allows safe removal of esophageal „SX-ELLA“ type stents from the esophagus, including those migrated into the stomach.
Fig. 1 - ELLA Extractor
This medical device serves for retrieval of defined range of esophageal SX-ELLA stents:
- SX-ELLA Stent Esophageal (Flexella, Flexella Plus) – Models 06, 07, 06S and 07S
- SX-ELLA Stent Esophageal HV (HV Stent, HV Stent Plus) – Model 09 and 09S
- SX-ELLA Stent Danis (Danis Stent) - Model 08
- Esophageal Stent Danis Seal - Model 11
The stents must be retrieved after a defined period of being implanted in the esophagus:
- Danis Stent should be removed within maximum of 7 (seven) days following implantation.
- Esophageal Stent Danis Seal should be removed within maximum of 14 (fourteen) days following implantation.
- Covered stents should be removed within 4 weeks after stent implantation.
- In addition ELLA Extractor can be used for retrieval of covered stents migrated into the stomach.
Use of the ELLA Extractor is contraindicated:
- If Danis Stent is implanted longer than 7 (seven) days.
- If the endoscopic inspection revealed ingrowth of the esophageal mucosa into the stent lumen and / or overgrowth of the esophageal mucosa over the stent edge